Sunday 12 April 2015

A new chapter with lots of learning.                                            





My first  week attempt to learn the verbs in Spanish.  I can walk from my apartment to the school, It is amazing how exhausting it is to go to school at my age. But i am now proud to speak a few words in the correct past tense. Spanish is a very complicated language. My reward came Friday afternoon, when we had the excursion to Aruca and Teror.This are two beautiful villages inland of the Island. I show you photos  of Teror first, because I fell in love with the village, Teror has most charming buildings with balconies,and a beautiful church (the teacher told us) it is the most important church of Gran Canaria. I love the sleepy village, it feels like time has stood still, no cars in the small streets. Curvy small streets take you high up to Aruca and Teror. Of course i took hundreds of photos. The church of Teror is most important on the Island. On the 8th of September thousands of people walk from all over the Island to the church of Teror  to honour the virgin. On Saturday the 7th of September special carriages take typical food of the Island to Teror, to offer the Virgin,







The main street of the old town has beautiful old buildings with  typical Balconies of the early settlers time.








No comments:

Post a Comment